Problems with your water heater can be a serious hassle. Comfortable Climate Heating & Air Conditioning in available 24/7 for water heater installation in Yorktown, VA and the surrounding areas – but we know that some homeowners feel more comfortable when they can identify the problem before they call in the professionals. Here is a short guide to common water heater problems to help you identify the issue.
- If your water heater is leaking, it could be due to corrosion of the steel, or possibly a discharge of overheated water from the TPR.
- On the other hand, you might not have a leak at all. Newer models often collect condensation on the outside of the tank while in use. If this is the case, your unit is fine – no need to call us for a water heater installation in Yorktown, VA.
- This is most likely due to a faulty thermostat. Contact Comfortable Climate Heating & Air Conditioning at any time for water heater maintenance.
- If you are hearing strange noises coming from your water heater tank, it is probably due to sediment and lime buildup at the bottom of the tank. If you’ve had your water heater for a relatively long time you are more at risk for this.
- If the sounds coming from your water tank include ticking, clicking, tapping, or humming – you may be able to fix the issue by removing the heat traps. These traps are installed to increase efficiency.
- Discolored water could be due to corrosion inside the tank or anode rod is failing. In this case, you’ll want to call us for a water heater installation in Yorktown, VA.
- If you are experiencing water that smells like sulfur or rotten eggs, you could be dealing bacteria in the tank. This is caused by the decomposition of the sacrificial anode. This can often be fixed with a chlorination treatment.
Comfortable Climate Heating & Air Conditioning is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to deal with all of your HVAC system needs. Contact us today to schedule a free estimate on your water heater installation or maintenance.