Hot water is something we tend to take for granted. When we turn on the shower or go into the kitchen to wash dishes, we expect to have a reliable source of hot water. The water heater itself tends to be an afterthought until something goes wrong.
At Comfortable Climate Heating & Air Conditioning, our services include water heater repair in Gloucester, VA. Our skilled technicians will keep your system in top shape. Here are some warning signs to watch out for. If you notice these, call us right away before the problem gets worse.
- Low Hot Water Pressure – Lower pressure in your hot water can be due to mineral buildup in the pipes or poor design and installation by the original contractor.
- Fluctuating Water Temperature – If your water heater can’t maintain an even, constant temperature, it may mean that mineral deposits have accumulated on the heating elements, or that the elements have become damaged.
- Leaks – This seems obvious, but you may not notice leaks unless you take the time to inspect your water heater.
- Strange Noises – Noises are common in major appliances, but you can probably tell the difference between “normal” sounds and “worrisome” banging and popping sounds.
- Water with a Metallic Taste – This may indicate that your pipes have rusted and corroded, in which case you need to call for water heater repair right away.